The Department of Public Works and Highways said Wednesday the construction of the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 project from Buendia in Makati City to North Luzon Expressway in Balintawak, Quezon City, reached a completion rate of 88.72 percent.
Public Works Secretary Mark Villar said the section of the project that collapsed because of a fire in February was already replaced as Citra Central Expressway Corp., a unit of San Miguel Corp., rushed civil works of the project to make up for unforeseen delay.
“As of latest report, lower and upper coping beams for pier 3, 4, 5 were reconstructed, and deck slab for spans 5 and 6 were completed as well. These were the burned sections from the fire incident,” Villar said.
He said the 88.720percent completion rate excluded Section 2A or the Tomas Claudio-PUP Sta. Mesa segment which had yet to begin civil works.
“We are intensifying our road right-of-way acquisition so we may soon begin construction at Section 2A. So far, we have acquired 231 out of the 350 lots that need to be acquired with permit to enter,” Villar said.