The City Government of Navotas has reported zero active case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) after almost three years of rigorous efforts to stop the spread of the disease.
Navotas logged no additional active cases following the recovery and release of the last two COVID-19 patients from isolation, Thursday.
“Since February 11, we have not recorded any new cases of the disease. We owe this breakthrough to our frontliners and all the members of the city’s COVID-19 response team” Mayor John Rey Tiangco said.
“We also thank each and every Navoteño who, in their own simple ways, helped combat the spread of the virus,” he added.
Navotas recorded its first COVID-19 case on March 28, 2020. It was the last local government unit in Metro Manila to have reported a local transmission of the virus.
Since then, the city posted 22,273 cases. Of these, 21,544 have recovered while 729 died.
“While we are happy that Navotas is now COVID-free, we remain vigilant. Our fight is not yet over. Let us do our utmost to prevent any more COVID cases in our community,” Tiangco said.