As this school year takes place at home, parents are challenged to make sure their children adjust well to a different set up—especially if it’s their first time to be homeschooled.
First on the list is having the right tools and other essentials needed for a seamless blended learning experience. SM Stationery has a wide selection of school supplies that include writing pads and other paper products, whiteboard, clear file for worksheets, pens and pencils, and markers and highlighters.
Meanwhile, the Gadgets Hub offers a variety laptops, flash drives, Bluetooth headsets, and inkjet printers necessary for online classes.
Parents can now order homeschool items from SM Stationery and Gadgets Hub via www.smstationery.com.ph or SM Store’s #143SM Call to Deliver service.
The one-stop shop for school and office supplies offers the following tips to help parents help their kids make the most out of their homeschool:
1. Set a schedule for study time with your kid. Let them set the time for each subject that you want to work on, hour by hour, day by day, week per week.
2. Choose a quiet and well-lit area where your kids can focus on their lessons.
3. Stock up on homeschool supplies. Have enough pencils, erasers, activity books, notebooks, pad paper, and others. Prepare the gadgets they need and sanitize it before starting the class.
4. Encourage your child to read and write freely. Make them read their favorite books whenever they are bored or have them keep a daily journal which helps them deal with their fears and anxieties.
5. Allot time to encourage your child’s creativity through drawing, craft-making, or other extracurricular activities such as cooking or gardening that will nurture their skills.
6. Keep your child in touch with their friends virtually on a regular basis after they completed their school worksheet.
7. It’s going to be challenging, so it’s okay to ask help from your child’s teacher, tutors, or fellow parents who’s into homeschooling.